Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Love Frogs, and Other Happenings

I grew up in the country.  Up the road was a creek (more like a deep drainage ditch, but we called it a creek), and each spring, I would fall asleep to the sound of croaking frogs...and I loved it.

Fast forward...a whole lotta years, and we buy our house in Portland.  It backs up to a natural green space that has two ponds (real ones, not drainage ditch type ones). The first warm spring evening, I opened the windows and fell asleep to a beautiful chorus of frogs, complete with bull frogs...so cool!

I mention all of this because I stayed at my mom's this weekend and slept with the window open, just so that I could listen to the frogs.  Great memories from childhood.

In fact, I like frogs so very much, that I had a permanent one installed on my right shoulder when I was 22.



And then he received a beautiful upgrade when I was 34.


Don't you agree?  Much cooler with something to sit on, rather than just a dumb frog hanging out.

And in other news...

It was a great weekend, complete with time spent visiting not one, but TWO of my long time girlfriends, and scrumptious food at one of my favorite restaurants!

1: Spicy Octopus and Prawn Stew   2: New pub opening soon   3: Saturday night's menu
4: Me and Jenn   5: The drive to PDX


And then some family time...always needed and appreciated and loved!

1: The cutest niece and nephew EVER!  2: The Gorge    3: My favorite poplar stand
4: Waterfall whose name I don't know   5: Prettiness
6: Diesl decided my sister's hand weight would make an excellent chew toy.  Sorry Handle!


I hope you all had super fabulous weekends!  Cheers to a great week!


Have an awesome day!
Ang

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I had SO MUCH FUN with you friend! :)

And, I LOVE that Diesl is chewing on a weight ... hahaha! He looks perfectly content :)

Chandra said...

I don't like frogs but that one perched up on your shoulder is quite cute! Love a girl who can rock some ink!