Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"YEA ME" Moment


Let me start this post by saying that I'm not one who likes to pat myself on the back (too often).  But I realized something the other night and, well, I'm pretty proud of myself and I wanted to share with you!

When my husband and I moved to the Tri Cities two years ago, I came with an attitude that this was an opportunity for a fresh start.  We didn't know anyone, so we were going to make lots of new friends, have a great healthy lifestyle, and enjoy every day that we were here.  

Things have changed, life hasn't turned out the way it was supposed to, BUT...I've maintained this attitude!  

One of the many things I was focused on was getting back into shape.  I had let myself go, wasn't as active as I needed to be, and did NOT like the person looking back at me in the mirror.  

 

So I decided to make a change!

I joined the local gym and started taking classes and doing more cardio.

Then I added strength training to my workouts.

I had a number in my head that I wanted to see on the scale, and I knew that I could get there with some work...ok, a lot of work.  I had been there before, and being 10 years older now (GULP!), I gave myself a 10 lb "this is a more realistic weight at this age" number.  

After a while, I forgot about the number, but remained completely dedicated to getting in shape.  Now I lift four days a week and do some sort of cardio 5-6 days a week.  I'm feeling pretty darn good these days!

But friends...here's the proud me moment.  It occurred to me last night that I've reached my "goal weight!"  Two years after setting this goal, and a little over a year of actually doing the work to get here, I'm down 30 lbs, have put some solid muscle back on the frame, and I feel AMAZING!  I am so happy to be back to my "fighting weight" and to just be feeling so stinking GOOD!  YEA ME!  :)






So, thanks for listening.  It was a milestone.  I wanted to share.  Love you all!

Have an awesome day!
Ang

6 comments:

lospring said...

Whoo Hoo!! Congratulations! Huge mile stone. Looking good! That race will be the whipped topping. ;-)

Unknown said...

Congrats My dear friend!!! you are Awesome sauce!!!

MzJessicaxo said...

You look fabulous!! congratulations on all your hard work! It sure paid off, you look stunning my dear!

xxx Jessica

Jennifer McCormick said...

You ROCK friend! Good job ... you look fantastic! :)

bigT said...

You, my friend, are a ROCK STAR!!! I love you and I am so proud of you!! You are my inspiration...someday (hopefully soon) I can start my own journey to living a healthy life and look as good as you do! ♥

Kristie Colón said...

Um, hell yeah! GO YOU! And can I have that pink top? Thanks.

Hope you had a fab weekend. ;)
K