Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Places I've Been

In this crazy little sunshine filled life of mine, there are some changes taking place.  The changes that have occurred so far have been extremely painful and difficult, but I continue to (force myself to) believe that they are leading me to a better place. 

The Beginning...Antigua 2002

This life hasn't been an easy one, based on choices I've made, and choices made by others in my life.  At brain therapy on Monday, I asked my therapist to use her strobe-y light pen thingy on me (Men In Black style, ya know?) so that I could forget and just go on living a peaceful happy life.  She thought about it (really, she did), but then decided that I need to continue to learn from these experiences and keep moving forward with the knowledge I gain.  So not what I wanted to hear.


The Midpoint...Aruba 2007

But truth be told, I know she's right.  I know that each one of these experiences, good or bad, is teaching me.  Sometimes I just wish they could be a bit more gentle.  Clearly that is too much to ask for at times.

Good news though...I'm a fighter, and a learner, and I'm moving forward, one day at a time.

Summer Solstice 2011...a piece of the new life

And funny little side note...I opened this "new post" with the intent of writing something totally different, and this flowed from my fingers instead.  Interesting.  Guess I needed to get it out.  Thank you for letting me share with you!  :)

Have an awesome day!
Ang

2 comments:

christine donee said...

you ARE a fighter!

lospring said...

Choices... really wish I knew then what I know now. Choices... it is a choice then and it is a choice now. I choose...