Thursday, March 1, 2012

Goal #2

Back in January, I made a Goal for myself...this spring I will run my first 5K.  OK, cool...I've got this! 

Goal #2 partially complete...I signed up for a 5K that will support our local cancer center foundation.  YEA ME!  I'm pretty dang excited...pushing myself to run hard, beating the pavement, supporting a great cause...this is going to be AWESOME!

And then it dawned on me this morning....

March 17 is in, like, two weeks!  GULP!

Am I ready?  Can I do this?  What if I trip and fall? What if it's snowing outside?  Holy goodness...REALLY?!?!??!

But good news...I'm not backing out!  I'm determined, and will succeed!  I will be there at 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 17 to run for a great cause!  And when I'm done, I'll high five myself and everyone around me and tell them all good job!!  Because that's how I do it!

And besides that, it's St. Patty's Day. What better way to start the day than with a run?

Friends, how are your Goals coming along?  What sort of success are you having?  DO SHARE!  :)

Have an awesome day!
Ang 


3 comments:

Jennifer McCormick said...

SO EXCITING! It's coming up quick and you'll totally rock it. Obviously :)

Marion said...

That is awesome Angie! I am so proud of you...It's totally something that you can dominate! I firmly believe that exercise is often more mental than physical. Just put in the time for training and HAVE FUN! :-)
Love you friend,
Marion

lospring said...

Less than two weeks! I see on facebook that you are exercising a lot. 5K is pretty impressive. I will be awake and praying for you. Know that I am supporting you from a distance. Love you!