Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Randomness

Not sure if it's the full moon or what, but I have random thoughts for you today.

I'm afraid of snakes.  Completely, utterly, scream at the top of my lungs, run away and jump around like a crazy person, afraid of snakes.  I blame thank my momma for this one.  Years of seeing her reaction to snakes, even on tv, has been drilled into my head.  My sister, on the other hand, is afraid of spiders.  I find this humorous because spiders are just little guys.  Snakes though....slithery, yucky grossness.  My house in Portland backs up to a natural green space, and one of the species that inhabits this area is snakes.  On move-in day, my sister saw a 14 inch slither-er in the grass out back.  That day, I decided mowing the back lawn would NOT be my job, no way, no how.

My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.  I absolutely love getting together with the family and enjoying our little traditions.  My absolute FAVORITE tradition is making caramel corn.  My mom has a recipe that we've used for years, and my sister and I always make sure mom has the ingredients for this treat.  My niece and nephew have really started enjoying this tradition too....and by that, I mean eating all of the caramel corn so that the adults don't get much.  Silly kiddos!  (Just for the record, my second favorite is the 4th of July!)

I rarely remember my dreams...hardly ever.  But the last three nights, I've had some vivid ones that are sticking with me.  One was about spring.  During spring and summer, I thoroughly enjoy having the windows open in my bed and bath rooms so that I can listen to the sprinklers throughout the neighborhood.  Saturday night, I dreamed that I was preparing for work and my neighbor's sprinklers came on.  Instantly I was overjoyed that it was at least April (because that's when the irrigation system starts flowing for lawn watering), and it was sunny and WARM!  Needless to say, I was slightly disappointed to wake up to freezing fog and temperatures below 30 degrees.  Oh well...only a few more months!

What sort of Randomness are you feeling these days?

Have an awesome day!
Ang


Fireworks over Detroit Lake.  Another tradition.

Occastionally, my not-so-steady hand makes for an awesome photo!

1 comment:

bigT said...

I LOVE your randomness...it makes me smile!! I too love spring and all the beautiful flowers it brings with it! I love Thanksgiving (all the yummy holiday food) and I too am afraid of snakes as well as spiders (and the list goes on...). Friend, I LOVE all your posts but maybe that because I love you and miss you SO much!!!

Have an awesome day back!
:) T

Mylifewithlemons.blogspot.com