Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It Takes Practice to be AWESOME!

Yeah, I said it.  It takes practice.  And determination.  And passion to be Awesome.

And here's the kicker...you are NOT required to be Awesome at EVERYTHING you do!  Yep, I promise, it's true!  I know this goes against some of my analytical-minded friends' opinions, but I am under the firm belief that it is near impossible to be Awesome at everything.

For example, when I was in college, I really wanted to be an Environmental Scientist....like, really, really badly. That is, until I flunked my first math test and was well on my way to flunking the class before I decided to drop it.  After some deep soul searching, I realized that there was absolutely no way, no matter how much I studied and practiced (because I did!), I would be Awesome at math.  Thankfully, I had my amazing writing skills to fall back on [patting myself on the back].  I'm kidding!  kind of  

Friends, the truth is, the only thing you truly need to be Awesome at is being YOU!  And yes, I promise, it takes practice to be the best you that you can be.  It takes practice to learn who you are.  And it certainly takes practice to accept who you are.  And guess what!  I'm hear to remind you that YOU are AWESOME, and with a little more practice, you'll be even better at it!

How can I help you in your practice of Awesome?


Have a great day!
Ang



2 comments:

Jennifer McCormick said...

Ah, your story reminds me of how I really really really wanted to study in abroad in France. Until I flunked my first french test :).

I have a really hard time wrapping my type-a, ocd brain around the fact that I don't have to be awesome at EVERYTHING. In fact, Chris and I were just talking about this last night :). It's a tough one, that concept.

christine donee said...

and practice, I have.