Tuesday, January 31, 2012

You Make Me Smile

Honestly, it is the smallest things in this life that make me smile and fill my heart with happiness.  An anonymous note.  An unexpected phone call.  The group of folks that I see at coffee every morning.  An extraordinary sunrise or sunset. Seeing photos of my niece and nephew doing silly things, enjoying their lives.  The look Diesl give me when I start to walk away from the fridge without giving him a treat (aka: an ice cube).  The little things that no one else notices, but mean so very much to a fragile heart.

These small things are the ones that I focus the most and pull the most strength from on days like today, when anxiety works double time to fill my veins.  It's days like today when I am even more thankful for the smallest of opportunities that I am given each and every day.

What brings a smile to your face?


Have an awesome day!
Ang


2 comments:

Jennifer McCormick said...

You're so right lady! It's the little things throughout the day that can really bring joy :)

Bon Bon said...

It is definitely the little things in life:-) A letter in the mail is one of my top favorite littlest things! xoxo