Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SNOW!

Truth be told, I’m not a fan of snow.  Not.  At.  All.  Give me 85 degrees, a margarita and put me on a boat and I’m a happy camper.  So with the local news focused on Snow Storm 2012, I quickly grew weary.  I went to bed at 10 p.m. last night and there wasn’t a lick of precipitation.  The roommate said it was 37 degrees and with the winds howling around the house, I assumed (hoped!) that the storm would miss us.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up 2:30 this morning (yes, unfortunately 2:30 a.m.) to see the ground covered in snow and the street light reflecting even more glitteriness!  And then….imagine my irritation when I realized that I’m actually excited that it’s snowing….so excited in fact that I don’t fall back asleep until 3:30.  Great thoughts flowed through my mind….snow day away from work, shoveling the driveway (yes, I actually enjoy shoveling snow)…so many options, so little time!  But sleep….sleep would have been nice too.  It’s the little things.

On the up side, I am thankful for endless photo ops with this type of weather.  I was gifted a camera this past weekend…a new to me toy that I was playing with last night.  I brought it with me to work today and am hoping to get some shots of snow covered wonderfulness.  Maybe something for today’s pic of the day?  (www.flickr.com/angiespringer)

What is your favorite type of weather?  And what is your favorite activity to do during said weather?

Have a great day!
Ang

P.S.  Early release from work happened! WOO HOO!  No snow pics yet...taking a break from shoveling!  :)



3 comments:

Jenn said...

Yah snow day for you! We had about an inch of beautiful snow, which quickly turned into three inches of disgusting slush. Boo. Have fun with your afternoon off! :)

and ps. CAMERA?! What kind of camera?!

Angie said...

Hi friend! It's a great day, for sure!

Camera...a friend of mine bought a new camera and wasn't using this one anymore, and was kind enough to give it to me. It's a Kodak DX6490. It has a manual mode, so I'm learning about all of the good stuff before I figure out what camera I'm going to buy. #veryappreciative :)

Jenn said...

Ooh, that is so perfect! You can try it without making a expensive commitment ... super excited for you! :)