Monday, January 23, 2012

Opportunity Only Knocks....How Many Times?

Let me be honest...I will be the first person to look Opportunity squarely in the eyes, say hi, and introduce him to my best friends.  I'm typically a "the glass is already half full, so how could it be better?" sort of girl.  However, I'm currently in the process of retracting my previous thinking on the subject of Opportunity.

You see, my two year anniversary with my current employer is this week.  This is a prime example of an Opportunity that I am SO VERY THANKFUL that I took.  During my job search in the Tri Cities, I had the Opportunity to interview with two companies on the same day.  By the end of that day, I had made my decision, and I hoped that the company I chose also had come to the same conclusion.  Well, the "non-chosen" made an offer first, offered me more money, and wanted me to start ASAP...all things that I was looking for in a position. But the Opportunity didn't "feel" right.  I held out for the "chosen one," who in return offered me less money to start.  HA!  A little less cash to start wasn't the worst thing I could think of, and I took the job with the "chosen one."

Friends, that Opportunity has lead me down a path that I am so very thankful for.  I have met amazing people who have filled my heart and soul with incredible love, friendship and passion for life.  In the short time I have known them, these people have seen me at my highest and lowest, and all of the steps in between, and they still take every Opportunity they can to be in my life.

Thank you friends, old and new, for being a part of one of the greatest Opportunity that I've taken advantage of!

What Opportunities are knocking at your door?  


Have an awesome day!
Ang

No comments: