Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I am a firm NON-believer in New Year’s Resolutions.  I believe that they are little mental notes that are made to be broken…a little promise to one’s self with no meat behind it.  Sure, you can SAY you want to lose weight or make more money or become fiscally responsible this year, but the real Resolution should be HOW you’re going to make this happen. 

Instead of Resolutions that I inevitably will break, I choose to set Goals for myself.  And this year, I’m raising the bar…no pain, no gain!  So, here it goes….

  1. BE as happy and sunshiny as I pretend to be, inside and out.  I tend to put on a good front when it comes to happy sunshininess (yes, this is a word!), and I am well aware that it’s not a healthy way to live.  So, to meet this goal, I will stick to my work out routine, because this keeps my mental and physical health in check.  More importantly, I will surround myself with people who are positive and uplifting.  I have spent a lot of time over the years with people who are less than sunshiny.  They say it’s easier to rip a person down than it is to lift him/her up.  This year, I will dedicate my time to those who want to be a part of my life, and who want to help me be positive and successful each day in this life.
  1. Run a 5K.  This is a new one that I just decided on this morning while I was in the shower.  I’ve been running quite a bit, and actually enjoying it.  The catch….I’m a treadmill runner, so taking the leap from indoors to outdoors will be a stretch, but I’m going to do it!  To meet this goal, I’m going to start out small….maybe a mile or so outside.  I’m confident that 3 miles will soon be no big deal and I’ll be well on my way to running my first 5K!
The fun thing about goals....they're made to be updated, changed, tweeked, added to as you meet them.  This is just my start for 2012.  I'll update you as I come up with more!

What are your Goals for 2012?  And how can I help you reach them?

Have an awesome day!
Ang


2 comments:

Jenn said...

You are such a rock star! You'll have NO problem completing a 5K.

And, I like goal #1. I want you to be happy and sunshiny for reals :)

Angie said...

Thanks Jenn! I appreciate you so very much! We must get together SOON! Have a great day!