Friday, January 20, 2012

Cabin Fever

Captain’s Log: The mothership (aka: work) excused us for the day at 11 a.m. on Wednesday due to inclement weather.  Thursday morning, the 10 a.m. late arrival was changed to stay at home.  Friday morning, the 10 a.m. late arrival was changed to stay at home.  Friends, I’m losing my mind!  Granted, in a typical situation, a day off would be AWESOME!  However, when the roads are less than desirable for driving, it’s a completely different story. 

I did make it to the gym once, and Starbucks twice, so I really can’t complain.  And I’ve had time to catch up on some movies I’ve wanted to watch. Have you ever watched Portlandia?  Being a Portland, OR native, this show was a MUST for me to see, and it’s flipping HILARIOUS!  Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein do amazing work!

Bottom line, with a little of this and a little of that, chased by a mimosa, this four and a half day weekend isn’t turning out to be too bad.  Tomorrow, sushi is DEFINITELY on the menu….even if I have to walk there.  OK, it’s kind of far, but still…sushi…..

How do you beat cabin fever?  And have you watched Portlandia yet?  Because you really should.  Just sayin…

Have a great day!
Ang


1 comment:

Jennifer McCormick said...

Isn't it funny how snow days are so AWESOME in theory, but then not so much in reality? The only time Chris and I have been snowed in, I thought we'd kill each other. Seriously, bad news ;). Hope you've managed to escape this weekend!